I am new for both concepts.
1) I want to know that MVC and WPF is same concepts but WPF for desktop while other is for WEB ?
2) Will be easy to learn other one If i learn one of them ?
1:Custom View Engine vs Custom Action Result
I think you probably meant "ASP.NET MVC" technology when you were talking around "MVC" (based on the tags of your question). Asp.net MVC 2: Understanding CRUD, specfically actions Create ( there are 2)?Anyway, here are a few points this may clarify what is going on:. jQuery posts data to wrong relative URL
- ASP.NET MVC is a technology for developing web applications based on the model-view-controller (MVC) pattern. Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.QBFC8Lib' or one of its dependenciesYou must twist it a little bit, although the framejob is specifically desgined to job with this pattern.. Pattern for updating database through a property when using an internal mapping
- WPF is a technology for developing windows applications. ASP.Net MVC Form-post and jquery View not updatedYou must use various different design patterns when writing WPF applications, although the most popular one these days is called model-view-viewmodel (MVVM). How can I manage Cache stored on the web server when I'm using 3 web servers?You could also use the MVC pattern (organization of components) when writing WPF applications, although this wouldn't job as nicely as more native approaches..
- They are not the same concepts - the technologies are different and the usual patterns (ways of organizing code) used with the two technologies also differ..
- Learning one technology may make it easier to understand the another one slightly, for the reason this they are both .NET GUI frameworks and share any concepts. However, I don't think this will guidance a lot..
MVC (model-view-controller) is a design pattern, and is not specific to a particular technology set.. WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) is Microsoft's windowing library, and must be used in an MVC-designed system. However there's nothing to enforce this and MVC pattern usage must certainly be abused with WPF.. MVC is a widely used pattern and familiarity with it is going to be useful regardless of the technology set used (whether it's web-based, WPF, Swing etc.). Note this MVC is usually associated with GUIs, although there's no particular restriction and the pattern must be used wherever a model and its changes need to be reflected to different consumers with different views on this data..
2) Will be easy to learn another one If i learn one of them ?.Shure: They both must be programmed using c# or vb. And they both must be programmed using Visual Studio.. But the same is true for any technology this incorporates .NET technology (Winform, ASP.NET, Silverlight...).
No. MVC is a pattern while WPF is a Microsoft technology.. You could with any effort likely use the MVC pattern in WPF although more popular in WPF is MVVM nowadays. MVC itself is not restricted to web only.. Grz, Kris..